Telemedicine is care that allows health providers to evaluate, diagnose and treat you from your phone or computer.
Who to use
Your employer or insurance company may have a preferred telemedicine vendor to use. Check on the My Benefits section.
Consider Using Telemedicine
- Saves you money (average family savings: $600-1,200 per year)
- More convenient (anytime, anywhere, 24/7/365)
- Saves you time (No driving time, no waiting in germ filled lobbies)
- Treated by a nurse practitioner or doctor in your state
- Prescriptions sent to the pharmacy of your choice
Common conditions treated
- Pink Eye
- Sinus Infections
- Bladder Infections
- Rashes/Insect bites
Some telemedicine companies provide psychiatrists, psychologists, therapists and counselors for your convenience as well.
Check with your telemedicine company to see if these services are offered. Cost varies depending on your plan.
- Visit your preferred telemedicine website
- Register or log in to your account
- Give a basic medical history if this is your first visit
- Provide your symptoms
- Choose your form of payment
- Talk to a doctor or nurse practitioner about your symptoms via phone or video
- You may choose to upload an image to give the provider more information
- Get a thorough assessment
- Pick up your prescription if one is needed